The aim of the project is the inventory, collection and digitization of cultural objects in the field of traditional folk culture in Slovakia. The implementation of the project has two phases:
- building up a technical infrastructure for digitization
- acquisition, collection, processing and digitization of cultural objects and the professional assessment of digitized objects
The specific feature of this project is that the digitized objects are not exclusively owned by the organisation (SĽUK), but are scattered in private collections and municipal collections in regions throughout Slovakia. Therefore, the digitization process was preceded by research and acquisition activities, which aimed at identification of available resources and selection of the appropriate cultural objects for digitization.
Wide range of issues and extensive regional structure, which is characteristic for traditional folk culture, required the involvement of external partners throughout Slovakia.
The results of the project will be a number of objects from the area of traditional Slovak folk culture. Here are some examples:
- Folk Architecture
- Folk costumes
- Textile products - fabrics, embroideries
- Blacksmith Tools and Products
- Customs and events
- Musical Instruments
- Tomb-stones - the wayside crosses Cemetery
- SĽUK Posters